Time & Location
About The Event
WAIVER <------MUST READ
* There are 14 spaces avaialable*
This Adventure campsite has all you could ask for in a summer weekend getaway. Mountain trails, Kayaks and Canoes available at any time for you own use, centralized and remote platform campsites, excellent meal service, hot showers and clean bathrooms. If you have not seen the @destination.hike Instagram post with images and videos, see here.
Give yourself the opportunity to enjoy camping in a new way. How often do you get to camp, hike, kayak, and canoe all in the same weekend? Let your hair down and jump into Breakneck Pond as part of the Appalachian Mountain Club (AMC).
Do not be confused by the name, M.A.T.C.H has nothing to do with dating, but is an acronym for Mountains, Aqua, Tents, Camping, and Hiking. Grab a friend and come enjoy a weekend of adventure. Attendees are not required to participate in any/all of the watersports or the hikes, but it is strongly encouraged. We are an activehiking group and encourage everyone who attends to be active as well. We are located at one of the remote campsites around the lake, so light hiking will be required from parking lot to campsite as well as to the diner.
This adventure starts at 5:00pm Friday, August 6, 2021 and ends at 11:00am Sunday, August 8, 2021. It is imperative that you arrive on Friday at 5:00pm if you need help unloading your stuff and transporting it to the campsite. Dinner starts Promptly at 6:00pm and ends at 7:00pm. Since the cost of dinner is included in the price, it's important that you arrive on time so you do not miss dinner. We have the whole Rocky Flats tent camping site reserved so we will be in our own private space, with the availability to venture to other campsites and socialize.
Price per person for the weekend $175
Transportation to location is notincluded.
Included in the weekend:
- Friday Dinner, Saturday Breakfast, Saturday Lunch, Saturday Dinner, Sunday Breakfast
- Remote tent campsite (Rocky Flats Campsite) for up to 16 people
- Bear Box to store food
- Kayak and Canoe rentals with Personal Flotation Devices and Paddles available on first come first serve basis
- Fishing (Must bring your own fishing gear)
- 2 Guided Hikes around Bear Mountain rated moderate
- Morning Meditation
- Socializing with other campers in main area
Detailed itinerary will be provided for those who attend the weekend. You will not want to miss out on this great adventure.
Items needed for this weekend:
- 1-2 person tent or hammock
- Sleeping bag
- Sleeping mat - See examples here.
- Backpack - See examples here.
- Personal Headlamp - See examples here.
- Bathing suit
- Hiking boots
- Water shoes
- Tent light - See examples here.
- Towel, sunhat, sunscreen, and toiletries
- Camp chair - See examples here.
- Flip flops, or comfortable shoes to walk around campsite
Registration will end July 23, 2021. Please make sure only to register if you are sure you can attend. If you are unable to attend, a refund will be provided less 20%. Participants must be 18 or older. This event is not for children.
Personal flotation devices MUST be worn at all times if you are planning on kayaking, canoeing, or swimming outside of the pool area. You are responsible for your own safety in the water. Water will typically be flat with not much whitewater. In the case of fast whitewater, the kayaking and canoeing activities will be passed. This is going to be a great weekend with lots to do. Participants are expected to be responsible and smart when participating in water activities. Participants will be required to sign waivers from the Appalachian Mountain Club (AMC).
- Match Adventure Registration$175+$4.38 Service fee$175+$4.38 Service fee0$0
- 2-3 Person Tent Rental$35+$0.88 Service fee$35+$0.88 Service fee0$0
- 1-2 Person Hammock for rent$25+$0.63 Service fee$25+$0.63 Service fee0$0
- 50L Multi-Day Backpack$55+$1.38 Service fee$55+$1.38 Service fee0$0