Juneteenth - Underground Railroad Experience Hike
Time & Location
About The Event
We look forward to a short, moderate, hike together in honor of Juneteeth. Come get a trail that has history and beauty.
Trail Length: 4 Miles
Trail Terrain: Moderate
Trail Link: https://www.alltrails.com/explore/trail/us/maryland/underground-railroad-experience-trail
How to prepare?
1. Wear comfortable shoes. If you have hiking boots that would be preferred. However, if you have not committed to buying hiking shoes, wear comfortable tennis shoes.
2. Check the weather for the day and dress appropriately. When you are hiking in the summer, the weather can start out warm and become hot. Please dress appropriately knowing that the weather can fluctuate and become increasingly hot.
3. Bring a small to medium size back pack. This is to carry any personal items; cell phone, water, SNACKS, personal medication, and any other items you may need.
4. Always bring a at least 1L of water. Make sure you have hydrated the day before, and the day of the hike.
5. Remember, there are no bathrooms in nature, so stay hydrated but make sure you are good to hike without needing a bathroom. If you do need to use the bathroom, nature will be your stall.
6. Suggested: Download the AllTrails app. That will help you get familiar with the trail and you can see in real time where we are
on the trail.
If there is a risk of harm or safety hazard due to weather or any unforeseen changes, this hike will be rescheduled for another more suitable date.
Any additional questions, comments, or concerns, email firstname.lastname@example.org.